Monday, July 11, 2011

Daily Schedule Linky Party

Simply 2nd Resources is having a daily schedule linky party and I'm all for a good party! This is my first EVER linky party, and I am a party girl at heart, so I am super excited!  My daily schedule is pretty consistent, unless it's Wednesday.  On Wednesday we have an "early release" day and we lovingly refer to it as "Wacky Wednesday" (and believe me when I say it can get all kinds of wacky!).  This is my schedule from last year and I am hoping to stick to it this year, but we have not officially received our specials and lunch times yet, so it's all a work in progress (as it usually is ).

     8:25-8:55-     Un-pack/prepare for the day/free read (I do Tier 2 & 3 of RTI at this time)
     8:55-9:10-     Morning Meeting/Shared Writing (Morning Message)
     9:10-10:30-   Reading Workshop (shared reading, stations, small group, conferences)
     10:30-10:50- Word Study (Making words, word sorts, word games)
     10:50-11:30-  Specials 1 (PE time)
     11:35-12:15-  Writing Workshop
     12:20-12:45-  Lunch (we eat with our students since we have 2 planning times-one is for lunch)
     12:50-1:30-    Math Workshop (small group, math stations)
     1:30-2:10-      Specials 2 (art, music, computers, media, math lab)
     2:10-2:30-      Math Wrap-up (we do our assignment at one time so I can be available to help everyone)
     2:30-3:00-     Centers (library, math games, art, computer,science, words) while I work with RTI students
    3:05-                Dismissal


You are probably thinking "where is the science and social studies?" No worries my friends, I have found that in a time of so much to do with so little time creativity is the key to everything.  Here is my Wednesday schedule:


     8:25-8:55      Un-pack/prepare for the day/free read (I do Tier 2 & 3 of RTI at this time)
     8:55-9:15-     Morning Meeting/Shared Writing (Morning Message)
     9:15-10:15-   Book Buddies
     10:15-10:45- Specials
     10:45-12:15- Science/Social Studies time
     12:20-12:45- Lunch
     12:45-1:05-  Science/Social Studies Wrap-up
     1:05- 1:20-   Team Building/Class Building Activity
     1:20              Dismissal


There are many days I wish we could go to one special just so I could have more time in the classroom, there never seems to be enough time.  This schedule worked fairly well for us this year so hopefully it will stay the same next year-it's grown on me.


Thanks for letting me be part of the party-it was tons of fun and I can't wait for the next one!!

5 comments:

Jackie and Danielle {Sister Teachers} said...

Hi Melissa!!
We're also in Sunny (recently rainy) Florida (Orange County). We just started blogging as well. We love your site. Hope you follow our blog too!

http://sisterteachers.blogspot.com/

-Jackie and Danielle-

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up! I am a new follower. I love your blog design. It just makes me happy to look at it. =)

Becca
Simply 2nd Resources

Randi said...

I'm a new follower. I love your blog design too!

www.teachitwithclass.blogspot.com

SunnyDays said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for your awesome comment about my TpT store! The sale is on the 18th. I posted that notice a little earlier than I was supposed to...oops! Everything will be on sale that day and you'll see that little sale sign. Now we both have a few days to get out wish lists together!

I became a follower of your blog and grabbed your button while I was here.
Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

SunnyDays said...

Your button isn't showing up on my blog :(
Has anyone else had this problem?

Post a Comment